Thursday 13 August 2009

Backsides and Blogging

limey! It has been a while since I was last here!

I first started blogging because I wanted to get my thoughts down on 'paper' so to speak.. I wanted to share my experiences.. Its not quite worked out that way though..

The reasons behind this could be because I have been busy, or recovering from the 2 lots of surgery I've had in the last 6 months...

Truth is... I've not had the motivation. It has been easier to get up, take meds, sort myself some food and then plod around for the day.

2 weeks ago I was given the all clear by my surgeon and started driving again. I thought this would be the start of a new found independence... finally being able to get myself out, and not having to rely on other people.

The first time driving was awe inspiring.. I felt a sense of freedom, like a horse being let out from the stables, running through the fields, feeling the soft breeze against my skin.

I then had another appointment at the end of the week... this time at the voice clinic at my rheumatology hospital. The drive was 120 miles so I stayed the night before at my Grandads.

Reason for the voice clinic was because I was diagnosed with arthritis of the vocal chords in 1997 and lately my voice has suddenly been changing pitch. I've also had problems with swallowing so I was off for more tests to find out why.... It was a bit of a stressful time but it was good to get a diagnosis (even if it wasn't one I expected!)

So after my appointment I treated mum and I to a pub lunch and cream tea... we had a fab afternoon and it was lovely to have girly time... I do miss my mum..x

I drove home on the Saturday and boy did I hurt the next day... doing a round trip of about 350 miles in my first week of driving... not a good idea!

That was when my motivation started to wane..... I'd make plans with all the intentions of seeing them through but when it came to it.. I just felt I didn't have the energy....

2 weeks on and I'm trying to get back into a routine and work on upping my stamina.. its a slow process but I've got a lot of support behind me so I know it won't be long before I'm back at the top of the ladder... I just need the occasional kick up the backside ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment